Use of Electronic Equipment at School
INTERNET SAFETY and COMPUTER USE AGREEMENT
- I will not give anyone on the Internet any personal details about my family or myself unless I have my teacher’s permission. This includes my full name, address, phone number, credit card information, the name of my school and where people in my family work. I will never send anyone on the Internet my photo unless I have my teacher’s and my parents’ or caregivers’ permission.
- My communication will be appropriate and show respect for others at all times.
- I will only access shared files and edit other files with permission.
- I agree to tell my teacher if I come across anything on the Internet that frightens me or makes me feel unsafe or uncomfortable, or I know is inappropriate.
- I will only use instant messaging programmes, webmail services (e.g. School Gmail), social networking sites, video sharing sites (e.g. YouTube) or online gaming sites with teacher permission.
- I will be online only while a teacher is present.
- If I bring my own data storage devices (USB key) to school I may use it but not install data from it without permission.
- I will not interfere with computer or iPad set ups in any way, including tampering with hardware, software or cabling, or altering screen savers, desktop backgrounds or apps.
- I understand that the school administrator reserves the right to inspect student files / email as well as files that may have been hidden, deleted, or which remain in a cache.
- If I damage any computer equipment, or notice it has been damaged by others, I will tell my teacher immediately.
CELL PHONE & ELECTRONIC DEVICE USE AT SCHOOL AGREEMENT
We do not encourage cell phones, tablets or devices at school as all students have open access to their own telephone in the school foyer and school ICT equipment. However we recognise that in some situations devices are required for after school arrangements and the like. Therefore, we wish to control their use by instigating the following agreement.
If students bring their cellphones, tablets or other devices to school, they need to follow the following guidelines.
- I will have my device fully switched off during school time, unless I have teacher permission to use the device for a particular purpose.
- I will not use my device in a way that may cause distress to others, e.g. sending inappropriate messages or taking photos of others without permission.
- If I break these rules, my device will be confiscated and will only be returned when my parents come up to school to get it.
I understand that if I misuse the school computer system or use my own electronic devices inappropriately, in any way, it may result in cancellation of privileges and use of devices and computers at school.
I understand that if I carry devices inappropriately or mistreat them in any way, it may result in cancellation of privileges and use of devices and computers at school.
PARENT OR GUARDIAN AGREEMENT
As a parent or guardian of this student, I have read the INTERNET SAFETY and COMPUTER USE AGREEMENT and CELL PHONE & ELECTRONIC DEVICE USE AT SCHOOL AGREEMENT.
I understand that this access is designed for educational and safety purposes.
I acknowledge that, while St. Benedict’s School will take due care to oversee the websites that my child will access and have precautions to restrict access to unsuitable sites in place, it is impossible for the School to monitor all eventualities, and I will not hold the School or any of its staff members responsible for materials distributed to or acquired on the network.
Further, I accept responsibility for supervision when my child’s use of downloaded material is not at school.
I give my permission to allow Internet access for my child, and understand that their work and name, videos and photos may be published in school-related marketing material and on our school’s blog, newsletter or website. For those parents who do not give permission for their child(ren) to feature in some/any of the above – please contact the school’s office in the first instance.
I understand and support the rules concerning use of cell phones and other electronic devices at school.
January 30th 2019