Teaching at St Benedict’s we maintain a consistently high level of academic achievement in all areas and our curriculum is designed to encourage all students to succeed. They are challenged to achieve personal standards of excellence and to reach their full potential.
We aim to make our curriculum challenging so that all students gain the most from each day. We adapt the New Zealand Curriculum and Religious Education Curriculum to meet the needs of our students.
Our Year 7 & 8 Intermediate classes also learn a range of foreign languages such as French, Japanese, German and Spanish.
Student Achievement Results.
Programmes at St Benedict’s School commonly feature the following:
- learning activities in which students investigate issues and solve problems of interest to them
- a balanced curriculum which emphasises discovery and exploration; and encourages higher order thinking as keys to successful learning
- opportunities to see the relevance of learning by applying it in a practical way to solve real problems
- learning activities and experiences (both in and outside school) which enable all students to succeed regardless of previous achievement
- schemes that are not so prescriptive that they stifle creativity and the opportunity to capture the teachable moment.
A proven record of success in outside competitions and in secondary school is a proud testament to the well-rounded education the students get at St Benedict’s School.