St Benedict’s School is a State Integrated Catholic School, established in 1952 in the suburb of Khandallah by the Brigidine Sisters. We are a Parish School attached to the St Francis of Assisi, Ohariu Parish. The St Benedict’s Church Parish Priest is part of our school community.
We cater for boys and girls from Year 1 to Year 8 and currently have a roll of 254 students. We have a progressive and high achieving Intermediate Syndicate, a busy, enthusiastic and flourishing Senior Syndicate and a caring, well established and energetic Junior Syndicate.
Our school has 13 classrooms, a large multi-purpose library, two special withdrawal learning areas including a Reading Recovery Unit and a modern Administration Block. Our classrooms are bright and functional.
There are desktop computers in every classroom and two mobile sets of laptops and iPads that connect to our wireless network and can be used anywhere in the school.
Our playground makes full use of every centimetre of available space. There are two large courts, a gardening area, a reflective corner, a grassed area, a hillside of walking areas and slides, and an area of rope challenges (known as the Adventure Playground).
Our sports programme for the senior students is conducted at Nairnville recreation Centre and Park, a short walking distance from the school.
All students participate in our Swimming Programme, which is conducted at Keith Spry Pool, Johnsonville either in the first or fourth terms.